Who is J.Cosey?
Jerald Cosey …
Jerald Cosey is a healthcare leader, patient advocate, consultant, and professional speaker.
He is operational leadership development director for American Senior Communities (ASC), the largest senior living and senior healthcare company in Indiana. In this role, he is dedicated to developing leaders for over 90 ASC skilled nursing and assisted living communities in Indiana and Kentucky.
Jerald recently served as executive director of Greenwood Meadows, a skilled nursing facility operated by ASC. The facility earned the 2019 American Health Care Association Silver Quality Award.
Jerald began his pharmaceutical career in sales, joining Pfizer Pharmaceuticals in 1996. He quickly advanced to the leadership role of district sales manager. During his 18-year pharma career, Jerald received several distinctions. He was named District Sales Manager of the Year twice and a member of the Vice President’s Management Club four times.
Jerald is founder of Graceful Moments, an outreach ministry focused on minimizing isolation within the senior community. This ministry began at an American Senior Communities facility, with Jerald visiting two men every week to shoot the breeze and enjoy each other’s company. This ministry expanded to volunteers from his church, Grace Church in Noblesville, IN. The volunteers made monthly visits to love on seniors.
This outreach kindled a desire in Jerald to serve others professionally and in 2013, he resigned from an 18-year pharmaceutical sales career to become an Administrator in Training, receiving his Health Facility Administrator license. Jerald considers himself a professional servant and is committed to advancing healthcare as a speaker, patient advocate, and senior health facility operator.
As a professional speaker, Jerald enjoys traveling the country for talks to pharmaceutical organizations, hospital, hospice and home health businesses, senior living organizations and health care associations.
Jerald is a member of the Board of Directors of the Indiana Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine. He is a member of the National Speakers Association, Brothers of Color in Pharma, and Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
Jerald graduated from Kentucky State University in 1990 with a BA in Business Administration. He received his Certified Nurse Aide and Health Facility Administrator licenses in 2013. Jerald is enjoying 28 years of marriage to his college sweetheart, Dianne, and is the father of three children.
In A Snapshot
Senior Health Care Today:
- Keynote Speaker, Consultant, and Trainer
- Licensed Health Facility Administrator
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Executive Director Skilled Nursing Community
- Director of Operational Leadership, Senior Healthcare
- Member, Indiana Health Care Association
- Ulcerative Colitis Advocate & Survivor
Health Care/Sales Yesterday:
- 30 Year Sales Professional (Pfizer, Philip Morris U.S.A.)
- 18 Years of Pharmaceutical Sales Leadership (Pfizer)
- Award Winning District Sales Manager
- District of the Year- #1 Back to Back Years
- Top 5% Sales Award Winner – 4 X Recipient
- National Situational Leadership Award
- Founder- Graceful Moments Senior Ministry
- Blog Writer & Aspiring Author
- National Speaker Association, Professional Member
- Former Elder/Board Member- Grace Church