Who is J.Cosey?
Jerald Cosey …
Jerald Cosey is a senior healthcare leader and professional speaker. He currently serves as executive director of Greenwood Meadows, a skilled nursing facility operated by American Senior Communities. His facility earned the 2019 American Health Care Association’s Silver Quality Award.
In addition to his skilled nursing facility role, Jerald is director of Operational Leadership for American Senior Communities. In this position, he is responsible for development of operational leadership for over 90 skilled nursing and assisted living communities in Indiana and Kentucky. This role complements Jerald’s desire to advance senior health care as an industry across the globe.
As a professional speaker, Jerald enjoys traveling the country for talks to staff of hospitals, hospice and home health businesses, senior living organizations and health care associations serving the senior care industry. Jerald believes that emotional engagement is the key to minimizing resident isolation and increasing employee connectivity.
Jerald began his professional career in sales, joining Pfizer Pharmaceuticals in 1996. He quickly advanced to the leadership role of district sales manager, a position he held for over 15 years. He worked in this industry at various companies before transitioning to the senior care profession in 2013.
Jerald is founder of Graceful Moments, an outreach ministry focused on reducing isolation among seniors. This ministry began at an American Senior Communities facility, with Jerald visiting two men every week to shoot the breeze and enjoy each other’s company. This ministry expanded to volunteers from his church, Grace Church in Indianapolis. The volunteers made monthly visits to love on seniors.
This outreach kindled a desire in Jerald to serve others professionally and in 2013, he resigned from an 18-year pharmaceutical sales career to become an Administrator in Training. Jerald considers himself a professional servant and is a patient advocate for people with ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. He is committed to advancing senior care as a speaker and senior health facility operator.
Jerald graduated from Kentucky State University in 1990 with a BA in Business Administration. He received his Certified Nurse Aide and Health Facility Administrator licenses in 2013. Jerald is enjoying 25 years of marriage to his college sweetheart, Dianne, and is the father of three children.
In A Snapshot
Senior Health Care Today:
- Keynote Speaker and Trainer
- Licensed Health Facility Administrator
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Executive Director Skilled Nursing Community
- Director of Operational Leadership, Senior Healthcare
- Member, Indiana Health Care Association
- Ulcerative Colitis Advocate & Survivor
Health Care/Sales Yesterday:
- 30 Year Sales Professional (Pfizer, Philip Morris U.S.A.)
- 18 Years of Pharmaceutical Sales Leadership (Pfizer)
- Award Winning District Sales Manager
- District of the Year- #1 Back to Back Years
- Top 5% Sales Award Winner – 4 X Recipient
- National Situational Leadership Award
- Founder- Graceful Moments Senior Ministry
- Blog Writer & Aspiring Author
- Proud NSA Kentucky Candidate Member
- Former Elder/Board Member- Grace Church