Who is J.Cosey?
Jerald Cosey, HFA …
Jerald Cosey is a senior healthcare leader, consultant, executive coach and professional speaker. He is the owner of J Cosey Speaks, a training and development company dedicated to empowering leaders to advance senior healthcare.
Jerald recently served as the operational leadership development director for American Senior Communities (ASC), Indiana’s largest senior living and senior healthcare company. In this role, he was responsible for developing leaders for over 90 skilled nursing and assisted living communities in Indiana and Kentucky.
Jerald, a licensed healthcare administrator, operated two SNFs over eight-and-a-half years. As executive director of Greenwood Meadows, a skilled nursing facility operated by ASC. His facility earned the 2019 American Health Care Association’s Silver Quality Award.
Jerald graduated from Kentucky State University in 1990 with a BA in Business Administration.
Jerald began his pharmaceutical career in sales, joining Pfizer Pharmaceuticals in 1996. He quickly advanced to the leadership role of district sales manager. During his 18-year pharma career, Jerald received several distinctions. He was named District Sales Manager of the Year twice and a Vice President’s Management Club member four times.
He founded Graceful Moments, an outreach ministry focused on minimizing isolation within the senior living community.
Experiences he had during outreach stoked a desire in Jerald to serve others professionally, and in 2013, he resigned from his sales career to become an Administrator in Training, completing work for his Health Facility Administrator license and Nurse Aide certification.
Jerald resigned from his position on September 1, after celebrating his 10th anniversary, to coach, train and develop leaders nationally.
Jerald is a member of the Board of Directors of the Indiana Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine and Brothers of Color in Pharma.
Jerald considers himself a professional servant and is committed to advancing senior healthcare as a speaker, consultant, and executive coach.
In A Snapshot
Senior Health Care Today:
- Keynote Speaker, Consultant, and Trainer
- Licensed Health Facility Administrator
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Executive Director Skilled Nursing Community
- Director of Operational Leadership, Senior Healthcare
- Member, Indiana Health Care Association
- Ulcerative Colitis Advocate & Survivor
Health Care/Sales Yesterday:
- 30 Year Sales Professional (Pfizer, Philip Morris U.S.A.)
- 18 Years of Pharmaceutical Sales Leadership (Pfizer)
- Award Winning District Sales Manager
- District of the Year- #1 Back to Back Years
- Top 5% Sales Award Winner – 4 X Recipient
- National Situational Leadership Award
- Founder- Graceful Moments Senior Ministry
- Blog Writer & Aspiring Author
- National Speaker Association, Professional Member
- Former Elder/Board Member- Grace Church